top of page

FDA Foreign Food Facility Registration

Cotact us Form

Why you Need to be FDA Registered

Both U.S. and foreign facilities that process, pack, or carry human or animal food for consumption in the United States must register with the FDA as a Foreign Food Facility, according to FDA regulations. If a foreign food facility does not have a willing US consumer or importer, the foreign supplier is also expected to designate an agent in the United States to act as a point of contact for FDA. Global Import Agent will act as your point of contact with the FDA, and we will be able to register you and communicate with them on your behalf.


We will provide you with a written proof of registration as well as your registration number once you have registered. This can be used to prove that the facility is properly licensed to customs brokers, importers, and others. Before you begin importing your product into the United States, you must include your identification number in Prior Notice filings.


Every even-numbered year, the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) allows all food facilities to re-register with the FDA. We will maintain your biennial registration for you and serve as your FDA point of contact once we have registered you.

FDA regulations surrounding the importing of food, beverages and dietary supplements are often unclear, complicated and hard to navigate, especially for first time exporters. Even large, experienced exporters can get caught in the web of FDA regulations and suffer from product detentions.


We pride ourselves on working closely with our clients to ensure that they understand the regulations for their specific product and why they are required.


Global Import agent will guide you through the entire process from start to finish. We will help your company meet all the latest FDA regulations and get your product to the United States stress free.


If you decide to use Global Import Agents FSVP Importer services we will:


  • Get your Facility registered with the FDA and provide official certification valid for 2 years.

  • Assess your labels and provide you with Nutritional Facts Panels and essential elements to meet all regulations.

  • Work with you or your manufacturer to ensure the products food safety meets US Regulations.

  • If you do not have a food safety plan we will create one for you that meets all FDA requirements.

  • Act as your US based Agent - We will communicate directly with the FDA on your behalf. You wont need to establish a physical presence in the United States.

Get in touch with us to learn more on costs and timescales.

Our Partners

Why Choose Global Import Agent?

We are highly experienced FDA consultants and we have helped hundreds of foods, beverage and dietary supplement companies export their food products in a legal and compliant way. We work closely with our clients and advise them on their best possible options. We specialise in FDA assistance, FDA exporting and FDA Approvals.

The USA food and beverage market is the largest in the world for high quality, foreign products. We can ensure that your product arrives in the USA safely, promptly and without detention.


Unlike other FSVP Agent services, Global Import Agent is an affordable, state of the art solution that brings cloud technology together with a global network of highly qualified, multi-lingual food safety experts and consultants to ensure that you, your suppliers, and the products supplied, are FDA approved for import to the USA. We can act as your US Agent for FSVP purposes.


We work closely with our clients to ensure they understand the process and their import & export journey is problem-free. Contact us to book a quick online consultation and get a free quote for your products FDA approval.

We Can Help Save You Time. Contact Us Today

Contact us by phone, email or via our social media channels.

bottom of page